Thursday, July 07, 2005

Sleep Sheep

Up until 2 weeks ago, I had been sleeping on a 3 inch thick mattress on the floor for about a month. I spilled some chemicals on my last bed (don't ask), and had to get rid of it pronto...but the new bed that I ordered was on back order and wasn't due to come in for a little while, hence that god awful mattress. Anyway, I bitched and complained about this sleeping situation at work all the time. I was tired, wasn't getting enough sleep, and just had to tell someone. I must've complained one too many times, because I arrived to my desk one morning to find a stuffed Sealy Serta Sheep (those sheep that come on the TV ads all the time) and a poem. It read like this:

This is your personal sleepy time sheep,
Whose name is Fred,
He'll take you softly off to sleep,
As you curl so quietly within your bed.
But alas, there is no bed
A mattress, a floor, but no bed to see
Not to worry, stay close and cuddle Fred,
Let his sleepy time magic set you free.
GOODNIGHT - SLEEP WELL
Hahaaaaa! I still have a laugh when I read this poem!! My co-worker S wrote this poem herself! She's quite the character and I so enjoy working with her - she joined our team about two months ago, and she's fitting in so well (by putting me in my place!).

1 Comments:

Blogger Carly said...

what chemicals were you spilling?? tsk tsk

11:46 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home