Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Slim Pickin'

I haven't posted in awhile. My family owns a berry farm (mostly raspberries & some blueberries) and July is our busiest month with the raspberries in full swing. I have taken "holidays" from my normal job to do this job. This morning, as we started up, I decided to take a bunch of pictures and do some sharing. We use a machine called a harvester (I like to call it a berry picking machine) to pick the raspberries. It takes us about 8/9 hours to pick our entire farm (we don't have a very big farm). Whenever I'm in the fields, I do the driving - when I'm not, my dad drives. Driving the machine is the most boring job there is. All you see are berry plants and neverending rows of berries all day long.

Ok, so I do have a bunch of pictures to share...but this "Add Image" icon just doesn't seem to be working for me. It takes me through all the steps, and then the screen just goes blank. It's late, and I'm way too tired to figure out another way to post these pictures. You'll just have to wait to see my pictures. Sorry. I'll get them up soon. If it's raining lots tomorrow, we might not be picking and then I'll have more time to try and work this out. I'm actually hoping for rain - that'll give me an actual day off. My brother and I made up our own rain dance and did the dance outside today...it looked ridiculous, but we had fun. Let's hope it works!

July 6th Update: I have the pictures for you below. We'll be picking in about an hour...the rain dance did not work :(

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home