Monday, May 09, 2005

Speed Demon

If it's a nice day, I often go out bicycling to get some exercise. Now, I'm nowhere near the stamina of those pro bikers that can bike across Canada, I'm just a pleasure biker (if there is such a term).

As I was biking on zero avenue today (as today was a nice day), there was this speed reader posted along the side of the road which would tell you what your speed was when you drove by. It's sort of a counterattack against speeding, and was posted along zero where a lot of people do speed.

Anyway, as I was biking closer and closer to the speed reader, I would see the little screen change as cars would whiz by. "Your speed is 90 km/h...Your speed is 93 km/h...Your speed is 84 km/h" and so forth. Then, along came Luv on her bicycle, huffing and puffing away, trying to go as fast as possible. I didn't think the speed reader would actually catch my speed, but it did. As I biked by it said, "Your speed is 23 km/h".

I started laughing so hard, that I had to stop my bike, get off of it, sit myself on the ground and wait for the laughter to cease. An RCMP (Royal Canadian Mounted Police) officer driving by, stopped her vehicle and asked if I was ok. That just made me laugh even harder.

I am such a speed demon.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What did you say to the RCMP officer in between your fits of laughter?

you are quite the speedy one.

10:53 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home