Monday, February 13, 2006

Colourful Language

I had to make a quick phone call to one of my co-workers. D and her husband M have the oddest relationship. They scream and shout and are rude to each other, but they also love each other dearly (they've been together for 32 years). This relationship of theirs always makes for the funniest stories.

I dial their number, and D's husband picks up.

"Hello"

"Hi. May I speak to D please?"

"grunt"

He grunted in response! I'm trying hard not to laugh out loud.

I can hear him get up from wherever he was sitting and start to walk. As he's walking, I hear a big BANG that sounds like he walked into something.

"Fuck! There's things all over this place!" He says to no one in particular, but because he's carrying the phone I can hear quite clearly. I've now covered my mouth with my hand and am trying twice as hard not to laugh.

Finally D comes to the phone. "Hello?"

"Hi D, it's Luv. I just heard the colourful language of your husband!" I can finally let the laughter out.

"Oh, that devil!" She turns to her husband, "Do you know this is? This is Luv from work. MY BOSS!"

"I thought it was your sister." I hear him reply.

"You know M, you need to be more careful on the phone. You never know who it is that's calling!"

"grunt"

"So sorry, Luv" D says between her peals of laughter.

"Oh it's ok D. It was very entertaining."

"It serves him right! He's quit embarassed now that he's realized it's you."

I started my next morning's team meeting with this story. Thanks to M's contribution, my team was all fired up and ready to tackle the day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home