Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Politics

I wouldn't normally talk about politics on my blog (or many other places, for that matter) because when people tell me who they're going to vote for and I ask them why, they can't come up with a solid reason...or when people tell me they just don't vote and I ask them why, they have no solid reason. Also, people don't take the time to read through any party's platform to actually determine which party would suit our needs best - drives me crazy!

So, here I am talking about politics. I was browsing through the Greenpeace Canada website when I came across 2006 Federal Election Questions to the Parties. This needed to be mentioned. Greenpeace sent 11 questions to all parties regarding environmental issues. If you click on the link above, and scroll to the bottom you can see what answers each party provided to Greenpeace.

All but one of the parties replied to these questions.

Which party didn't reply?

The Conservative Party.

Which party am I definitely not voting for?

Yup. You guessed it.

5 Comments:

Blogger Carly said...

solidarity sista!
i already voted - yay!

in the last federal election there was an all-candidates meeting held in vancouver on women's issues and the conservative party didn't even return any phone calls. yeah, guess who i didn't vote for.

10:35 p.m.  
Blogger Liam said...

"Which party am I definitely not voting for? Yup. You guessed it."

Ditto to that. Just out of curiosity, which riding are you in?

9:23 a.m.  
Blogger Elle said...

I'm in the Abbotsford riding. Sadly, it is a Conservative strong-hold...but I'm still voting!

7:11 p.m.  
Blogger Carly said...

ick - i know randy white is retiring but i can't stand him and his bloody anti-equality stance.

10:53 p.m.  
Blogger Liam said...

I hear ya Luv. My riding is going Tory blue this time around too. I still voted, and still had that feeling of "what was that for?" although it was milder than last election.

7:11 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home