Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Friends

I met up for lunch with a friend of mine today. We hadn't seen each other in about two years, but we'd e-mail each other often to stay up to date in our lives. With me not commuting as much anymore, we could finally meet up. I was a bit apprehensive about meeting up with her - two years can change someone a lot. I know I've definitely changed, and I don't know how it would've changed her. Would we still get along? What would we talk about for an entire hour?

It was a great lunch. We talked, we laughed, we ate (too much), and the hour flew by! We've decided that we'll meet up for lunches/dinners once a month...this will ensure we don't wait another two years to meet up.

It's times like these that make me realize how great friendships are. I am very lucky to have some fantastic friends, but to be honest I don't see them as often as I should. We all get caught up in our work/school/families and the time just seems to fly by. I almost only see my best friend at the gym, I have another great friend that's travelling half way across the world, and many more that I talk to every now and then but hardly ever see. I've been trying to get together for coffee with another friend of mine since the beginning of October, and we just haven't been able to set a firm date.

My point to all this is - am I the only one that does this? I have a bunch of wonderful friends, but we really can't seem to get together often.

The greatest thing about my friends...when we do finally meet up again, we start off exactly where we left off. There are some friends that are "high maintenance" - ie. they require a phone call from you at least once every three days or they suddenly think you're mad at them. The low maintenance kind of friends are the best kind to have.

I definitely have the best kind. A big thank you to my friends.

5 Comments:

Blogger Liam said...

Oh a school trip to Europe in grade 9, our group travelled with several American schools. A girl from Miami for one reason or another started hanging around with the Newfoundland troupe, and 6 years later we still e-mail. We always make plans to meet up in the future but they never seem to fall through. But it's a big rarity that despite not having seen each other in 6 years (and thanks to MSN and ICQ) we've kept in contact and probably always will. You're right, low-maintenance friendships are da bomb.

9:09 a.m.  
Blogger Carly said...

agreed, agreed.

9:16 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wanted to go to lunch too :'(

(Luv's handsome little brother :-P)

Ps. Read the comments to blog "InAccuracies" 80 percent of what was written on that blog was false, and I have been generous enough to fill you people in on the TRUTH!!!!!

1:01 p.m.  
Blogger Ang said...

yay!! welcome little brother!

I agree love - I am all over the low maintenance friends. I love when I get an email or call from someone I havent heard from in ages, and you can pick up where you left off!!

7:37 a.m.  
Blogger Carly said...

uh oh, little bro alert.

6:35 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home