Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Memory

Everyone that knows me knows that I can be pretty absent-minded sometimes. Ok, make that most of the time. I'm always forgetting to do things. Let's say I'm at work and I have to go pick something up at the printer...I'll just completely forget that I have something for me at the printer until someone else brings it to me. Now that's a simple example, but sometimes I forget more important/complex things that have a bigger impact. Sometimes I think I have a serious memory problem, but other times I think that it's just because I always have a million things on my mind. It's usually mundane stuff that I forget; things like conversations I've had with people stick in my mind very well. Like this recent conversation I had with a colleague of mine regarding my lack of memory:

"You know Luv, sometimes I wonder if you only have half a brain."

"Me too."

"You're always forgetting stuff."

"I know."

"Hey, maybe you should try taking some of that Ginkgo Biloba. It's supposed to help with the memory."

"That might be a good idea. Actually, I'm heading over to London Drugs after work today and there's a health food store right across the way from it. I'm going to go and pick some up."

"Great."

The next morning I walk into the office.

"Morning Luv."

"Morning."

"Did you go to the health food store lastnight?"

"Um. I have a problem."

"Ohhhkay. Shoot."

"Well, you suggested that I should get that Ginkgo Biloba to help improve my memory right?"

"Yeah."

"What do I do if I just keep forgetting to get the thing that's supposed to help me remember?"

"I have no fucking clue."

"Neither do I."

The morning after, I walked into my office and sitting at my desk was a bottle of Ginkgo Biloba, with a note attached: "This is the last time I will ever remember something for you".

2 Comments:

Blogger Grish said...

Haha, I love it, just don't forget to TAKE it.

4:47 a.m.  
Blogger Carly said...

brilliant.
i'm in langley this weekend - wanna go for coffee? i'll call/text you later. if i remember cuz i'm almost as bad.

9:35 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home