Saturday, August 19, 2006

Sparks

As all of you know, I live on a farm. On the farm we have two houses. One is the main house where we live, and the other is a much smaller house where we have a tenant living. We call this house the cabin. Our tenant's electricity stopped working lastnight and my dad thought it could be a fuse that may have gone. We didn't have any spare fuses, so today my mom went to Canadian Tire to go buy one. My brother decided he would put the fuse in and while he was attempting to install it, he electrocuted himself. I called from work to see if the new fuse worked, and here's his explanation:

"Hey Andy. Is the electricity working?"

"No. It didn't work, but I electrocuted myself!"

"You did?"

"Yeah. It was such a weird feeling! I felt like a blacked out for a split second."

"You're right. It is the craziest feeling."

"It is! It went through my finger and I felt it go through my whole body."

"So you were poking at it?"

"Kinda. It went through the finger that's beside the middle finger but it's not the pointing finger."

"Uhhh. You mean the ring finger?"

"Yeah, that one!"

Oh. My. Goodness. Can my brother by any more of an idiot? I mean it's bad enough that he electrocuted himself but on top of that he's got the finger beside this finger but not that finger business going on. I don't know how much more idiot I can handle!

In case you're wondering, we got an electrician to come in and check on the problem. Apparently there's some sort of spring missing from some sort of electrical box thingy that's causing this (he fixed it). More interesting though is that the electrician thinks it was done on purpose. We're giving our tenant an eviction notice tonight - we don't need her shenanigans.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home