Thursday, May 12, 2005

The Eerie Green Light

My living area is downstairs, while my parents are upstairs. My hallway light downstairs burnt out today. So I, being as handy as I am, shouted to my dad, "Dad! My hallway light is out. Can you replace it?" My dad grumbled back, "She just can't let me sleep in peace." Problem was, my dad wasn't sleeping at all...he was watching TV, go figure.

Anyway, I left it at that and went into the laundry room to do some laundry. About five minutes later, I headed back to my room. I noticed that dad had come downstairs and replaced the light bulb. He replaced it with a green bulb. GREEN. What the...?

"DAD! This is green!!!"

"Yeah, I know. You can see in the dark now. You can even leave it on all night, it's only 25 watts."

"It's still green!!!"

"It's better for your eyes."

"DAD! GREEN!"

"Let me sleep in peace."

"Dad, you're watching TV you are not sleeping."

"I will be."

"Yes, but you...aargh, nevermind. This green is giving me a headache."

I am now in my room. That green light is still on. It's shining through the bottom of my bedroom door, giving my room this eerie look.

I asked my dad to replace my light bulb, and that's exactly what he did. I have now learned my lesson, the next time I ask him to do this, I will be more specific on the colour of the bulb.

I am now stuck with the eerie green light until it burns out. I hope it doesn't take long.

**sigh**

3 Comments:

Blogger Grish said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

With Dads, it is alway important to be specific. I'm pretty close to rolling on the ground laughing, except for the fact that I just showered am all clean.

Where doesn one get a green light bulb from anyways?

8:21 a.m.  
Blogger Amanda Batten said...

Why don't you just buy a pack of clear light bulbs yourself? They usually only cost $1.50

9:04 a.m.  
Blogger Carly said...

you have to be more specific with fathers.
literally, you have to ask, "Dad, can you replace my lightbulb with one just like it? Same colour, etc."

But yeah, the packs are really cheap at dollar stores or even (gulp) Canadian Tire.

1:37 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home