Thursday, June 15, 2006

Me...a Bitch? Never!

Lastnight, I went to a work meeting. It was a public forum being held for the public's opinion on a new building that our corporation is building. It wasn't mandatory that I go, but I really wanted to see what kind of questions and concerns would be brought up and how our media consultant would handle them. All in all, the meeting went very well.

Before the meeting, all the employees were milling about outside in the hallway. We wanted to ensure there was enough seating for the public so we waited until the very end before going in. I was going around saying hello to everyone that I hadn't seen in awhile and just catching up. At one point, I just went and leaned up against a pillar. At this point, a "colleague" of mine (we'll call her Ally) came and stood beside me. I smiled at her, she smiled at me.

Ally has always rubbed me the wrong way. Not that I don't like the woman, but she's just immature and I just don't see us ever having an intelligent conversation. I've seen her interact with other people, and she's just one of those that always has to make herself feel superior by making others feel inferior. She's just one of my colleagues that I'd rather not interact with. She decides to try and start a conversation with me. Here's how it went:

She points towards my hand and asks "Is that real?"

I look down to where she's pointing and realize she's asking about a ring I'm wearing. Very classy of her to ask me if my ring is real. "Yes, it is."

"Of course it is. Who bought it for you?" --> and why does she care who bought it for me?

"I bought it for myself."

"Oh. Do you have a boyfriend?" --> WTF? I am one of her colleagues! Who has probably seen her a handful of times. If she does feel she has to ask such a question, can't she rephrase the question so that it doesn't sound so...blonde?

"No" --> as you can see, I'm trying to keep my answers clear and concise. God forbid she thinks I want to be her friend.

"I know someone. I can hook you up." --> Ok, now that's totally wrong. I don't "hook up" especially through someone who I don't even care about!

"No thank you." --> Again, clear and concise...I'm literally screaming I don't want to be your friend!

At this point, she crumpled. I could see that she wanted to have a conversation with me, but her small brain limited her from thinking about how to salvage this one and change topics to something I would respond to. It was great! I took this opportunity to walk away.

For the rest of the night, her body language showed that she was totally intimidated by me. It was obvious she now thinks I'm the biggest bitch on the planet. I'm sure I wasn't a bitch...well, maybe just a little.

1 Comments:

Blogger Carly said...

you rule shady secs!

10:31 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home