Saturday, May 14, 2005

The (almost) Hair Disaster

About six years ago, I found the perfect hairdresser. He's great at what he does, and his prices are very reasonable (ie. $15 a haircut). I have gone back to this hairdresser each and every time I need my haircut (well, except once...and that's a hair disaster story for another day). I absolutely love my hairdresser, and I recommend him to everyone I can.

On Friday, my co-worker and I were chatting and she said she had a hair appointment on Saturday. She said she wasn't sure what she wanted to do with her hair. She is very very particular about her hair and her hair colour. Anyway, I told her to go see Dino (my hairdresser). I gave her his number, and she booked an appointment with him and cancelled with the other.

I had made a mental note to call her on Saturday to see how the appointment went. Earlier this evening, I decided to give her a call. Her husband picked up...

"Hi, is B home?"

"No, sorry she's not"

"Oh, is this N?" --> N is her husband

"Yes"

"Hi N, it's Loveleen" --> Loveleen is my real name, hence Luvish.

"Hi Loveleen"

"I was wondering how B's hair appointment went"

"Oh, it was a disaster." --> my heart dropped.

"Really?"

"Yeah, she came home and she was crying."

"No" --> at this point, I am also ready to cry.

"In fact, I think she's out right now getting her hair fixed." --> Oh my.

"Is she?" --> I'm making a mental note to take flowers to B later tonight, and beg for forgiveness.

"Nah, just kidding."

"What?!"

"She was actually really pleased with it."

"She was?"

"Yeah, she really likes the colour."

"N, I am going to kill you!"

**laughter**

"I can't believe you would do this to me. I was close to tears!"

"Hey, I gotta have a little fun. I'll let her know you called."

After the end of that conversation, I was shaking! I know how peculiar B is about her hair, and when her husband told me it was a disaster I felt like the worst person on the face of this earth. I could not believe he would do something like that to me. My heart was pounding and I ended up with a headache.

I did end up talking to B later, and she did confirm to me that she liked her hair. She got a good laugh out of what her husband did to me too. I still don't find it funny.

On a side note, I took Amanda B's advice and bought myself some lightbulbs. I got the energy efficient bulbs, and now I am back to normal light. Thanks! Also, the green light bulb has been installed into my parent's room...heehee.

5 Comments:

Blogger Grish said...

You know, light bulbs are a funny thing. Everytime my dad goes out of town, one fuses. Always. It's like a rule or something. This time it happened to be in my bathroom. When we told him what happened, whe told us that we should learn to fix it ourselves, and not wait for him to come back and do it. Perhaps I will fix it, and buy a green lightbulb to go in his bedroom at the same time. If he says anythimg, I'll just say, "at least I learned how to change lightbulbs"

I could totallly picture you having a minor panic attack about your coworkers hair, afterall, you made the recommendation.

Light bulb in the parents room - genius - I need to know where to procure some of those.

3:12 p.m.  
Blogger Grish said...

love the lightbulb thing, still can't get over it - in case you haven't noticed.

Do they make them in magenta?

3:13 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

omg! I don't know if there's a worse guilt hell than recommending a stylist to a friend and it not working out for them...glad it was just a joke on his part! I can't wait to come home to Canada and get properly cut and coloured...Taiwan salons..well...they aren't used to dealing with "foreign hair". Ugh.

8:41 a.m.  
Blogger Carly said...

i want to go to your hairdresser. i've never had a regular person do my hair, or anyone that's really good at it for that matter.

i may snag his number when i get back to Canada.
carly (grish's friend)

1:35 p.m.  
Blogger Ang said...

My heart dropped for you when I read that!!! That has got do be one of the worst feeling in the world!

6:29 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home