Sunday, June 05, 2005

The Art of Accumulation

I am currently in the process of changing my bedroom furniture. There's a long story behind why I'm changing my furniture, but I'll post about that another time. The whole bedroom set will be arriving on June 17th. It's actually quite nice, it's a platform bed, dresser, mirror, drawer chest and nightstand all in a charcoal coloured wood with matte silver handles. I'll post a picture up when I get it in.

I've decided to clean out all my existing furniture beforehand so that when the new stuff comes in, I can place it in my room and just quickly put my stuff in. My current bed will be donated and I think my brother will get my dresser & mirror.

My first step was pulling out all the drawers from my dresser. My dad has moved my drawer-less dresser from my room, and I am now going through all my drawers with the thought of 'downsizing'. I cannot believe how much shit I have accumulated. I am a single person, no dependants and only one room, albeit a big one. The amount of crap that I am taking out of my drawers is astounding!

I have found things in my drawers that I bought thinking I might use them one day, but have never actually used them. So this is where all my money's going; buying crap and stuffing it into one of my drawers never to be seen again.

There's still much stuff to be cleaned up and thrown out. I now know I have mastered the art of accumulation...now I must master the art of "throw this shit away". I'll let you know how I do.



1 Comments:

Blogger Carly said...

that is an actual sickness

9:13 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home