Sunday, June 05, 2005

Routine...or is it just a Sickness?

For the past three weeks (or so), my friend Grish and I have been talking on the phone everyday. Often times more than once per day. It has become such a routine that I feel my day is incomplete if I haven't talk to her. We don't get to see each other all that often, because our schedules just don't jive...but we talk...a lot.

Earlier today, I called Grish because I needed to vent to her (now that I think about it, I don't even remember what it was I needed to vent about! It must not have been all that bad, then), but no one was home. I put down the phone, and thought "Now what am I going to do?". The feeling of incompleteness (is there even such a word?) had started to settle in.

I progressed through my day, and a little after 4pm I felt my phone vibrating in my purse. I pulled it out and saw that it was Grish calling me, unfortunately I was over at someone else's place and was unable to answer my phone. I again thought to myself "Now what am I going to do?". That feeling of incompleteness (again, word?) got a bit bigger. She had left me a message telling me that she was now home and I could call her as soon as I had a chance.

I got home at about 8pm today, sat down at my desk and decided I'd call Grish. I hadn't had my Grish hit for the day and hoped she would be home so that we could talk. I called, and she's not home anymore. Total feeling of incompleteness has now taken over. I thought to myself, "Now what am I going to do?". Then, I stared across my desk and saw my laptop sitting there. I remembered the comment that Carly had posted on my blog, something to the effect of I haven't posted in a while and I was falling behind. I decided to do something about my "Now what am I going to do?" question I've been asking myself all day. I decided to post on my blog.

I have now finished my blog posting...but I still feel I need my Grish hit. Is this a sickness?

3 Comments:

Blogger Grish said...

Dude..... I just got home and tried calling you - I walked into the huse thinking "I wonder if Loveleen called me back"? I then proceeded to phone - I think it is a sickness on both of our ends

9:25 p.m.  
Blogger Carly said...

grish, i think that the people have spoken.
GET A CELL PHONE.

as well, we should meet.

8:49 a.m.  
Blogger Elle said...

Please read Grish's parallel blog at http://grishs.blogspot.com titled Co-Dependancy or Sickness?

heehee.

8:09 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home