Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Oh Boy

What's the experience like so far? Dan just asked me this question with regards to me taking a quarter off of work. Well, let me tell you about my experience so far...

The first week off was fabulous. The weather was good and I was winding down from the job. There was a work dinner on Wednesday evening of the first week and I got to sit down for a relaxed dinner with everyone - it was a good dinner. It made me realize that I had made the right decision to take my quarter.

After that, things took a turn for the worst.

The Saturday of that week I got into a car accident. It was my fault - I rear-ended someone. For the people who know me (Jaclyn! Grishma!) and my driving habits know that I drive like a grandma. There are left turns I don't take because they make me nervous. I didn't even see them. Now my car has about $8000 worth of damage. I still don't have it back.

Then a week and a half later I got sick. Not a serious sick, just a cough/cold/flu type scenario. I didn't think anything of it and actually by Friday I was feeling better. On Saturday morning it hit me. I thought I was dying. I went to the doctor and he prescribed me two sets of antibiotics. He said I had waited too long to come in. So, I have essentially been in bed since Saturday. I am feeling better and better every day but I still feel very weak. I'm going into Vancouver tomorrow and I'm praying that I make it through the day...and the rest of the week.

The experience so far has been nothing like I imagined or planned for it to be. I'm already a third of the way through my quarter! I'm hoping and praying that it gets better from here.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

prayer works. that is all. go to the temple. take ur grandma. ok seriously, that is all.

3:16 p.m.  
Blogger Jaclyn_Rose said...

Oh man - that totally sucks! I hate it when things like that happens! I was sick last week too, I got a cold that was really just wearing me down but I was still working...I got sick Saterday but by the following saterday I was starting to feel better - my day off and I just wanted to enjoy it outside and it was raining! The only day it's rained in months! Haha!

Well I hope the rest of your quarter goes better! I'll be praying for you :)

4:36 p.m.  
Blogger Carly said...

bon chance!
hope you're better.

confidence on the road chickie!

5:36 p.m.  
Blogger Jaclyn_Rose said...

Hey, so how's it all going now?

7:12 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home